These flanged, heavy-duty, piston-type check valves control the flow of refrigerant.
- Valves open wide for flow in the direction of the arrow on the valve body. Valves close tight when flow reversals occur.
- The piston design minimizes pulsations.
- Valves open when inlet pressure exceeds outlet pressure (1 psid [.07 bar] minimum), thereby lifting the piston/seat assembly and allowing flow through the valve.
- When inlet pressure and outlet pressure are equalized, the weight of the piston/seat assembly causes the valve to close.
- If outlet pressure exceeds inlet pressure, the outlet pressure acting on top of the piston/seat also helps seat the valve closed.